Saturday, April 6, 2013

KiteDesk

Do you feel overwhelmed sometimes with all of your social media, email, and other accounts?  Do you get annoyed by logging in and checking each one trying to maintain multiple passwords, keeping personal and professional accounts seperate?
 
KiteDesk is a solution for you...maybe. KiteDesk pulls all the data and information from the cloud and your social media.  It also can collect all of your contacts and keeps them up to date.  Multiple email accounts is a cake walk for KiteDesk.  It organizes all of your files into a stream for a common view.  Basically KiteDesk is a personal cloud management application that doesn't store your information and data on its servers.  And best of all, it is free.  KiteDesk also allows you to filter different parts of your life into specific streams, for example if you wanted to have a business stream you can connect your business email, calendar or any other business events.  The same goes for your personal stream.  One other unique feature that KiteDesk offers is that you can move different file types between services and KiteDesk converts the file to the supporting file type for the specific service if needed.  
 
Now to hear the downside, KiteDesk is easy to set up but can be difficult to use in the sense of trying to find the information you're looking for. The front end display is kind of lame, and incongruent. Also with KiteDesk you are depending upon a cloud for your data aggregation which some people might not be ready to put that much faith into a cloud.  
 
KiteDesk can be very helpful in combining and simplifying your digital life.  Could you find this application useful?
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I could see this service being very useful. Organizing all of that data in one place is a major convenience. I do agree that it could be really hard to find certain information in all the visible feeds. Is it possible that information overload could hinder the effectiveness of this service?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would most definitely use this in the future... if, as you said, all my information wasn't on a cloud which may allow other people to get hold of my information, both personal and business. I like how they can put everything into one place though, it does make it very efficient.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all the information streaming into certain feeds, I do feel like some information could be overlooked. As far as an overload of information hindering, I feel like on a personal level it could.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this service could be very beneficial as well as risky. Beneficial in that it is helpful to keep track of all different streams of media and business events. But risky in that if this technology does manage all passwords and forms of e-mails I figure there is a way that could pose as potential bait for hackers and other information seekers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the sounds of this, but you said the display is poor. Are there any other programs like this to link all accounts?

    As Trenton said, I would be very concerned using a program like this. It seems like a lot of information in one place and could be risky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too like the sound of this. I do not know if this makes sense to anyone else but this reminds me of what my iPhone does. I have 3 mailing accounts set up on my phone. I can choose to look at each individual account but there is also an option to look at "all inboxes" , which is a cool feature

    Laura Mayhew

    ReplyDelete